There are different types of sex offenders, and each type presents its own unique challenges for criminal defense lawyer. The most common types of sex offenders are:
1) Exhibitionists – These individuals derive sexual pleasure from exposing their genitals to unsuspecting victims.
2) Voyeurs – Voyeurs enjoy watching others engage in sexual activity, often without the participants’ knowledge or consent.
3) Pedophiles – Pedophiles are individuals who are sexually attracted to children, and often target victims who are pre-pubescent.
4) Rapists – Rapists use violence or threat of violence to force their victims into sexual activity.
5) Sexual Predators – Sexual predators are individuals who have a history of committing sex crimes, and often pose a high risk of re-offending.
Each of these types of sex offenders presents its own unique challenges for criminal defense lawyers. For example, exhibitionists may be more likely to plead guilty if they know that their name and photograph will be published in the local newspaper, while pedophiles may be more likely to attempt to flee the country if they know they are being investigated by the police.
It is important for criminal defense lawyers to understand the different types of sex offenders, as this knowledge can help them to build a more effective defense strategy. If you are facing criminal charges for a sex crime, it is essential to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who can advise you on how best to proceed. Contact Lotze Mosley, LLP today for a free consultation.